Saturday, January 23, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, Day 23



Bird Nest, Day 23
8x8
oil on canvas panel

Daily Paintworks

For years I have bemoaned the fact that I tend to use the same colors over and over.  It's not really a terrible thing to do as it is often one of an artist's signature characteristics, but I always wanted to make myself use other mixtures to give my work a different vibe.  So on this painting the first thing
I did was mix some colors that I liked on my palette.  I thought the sort of acid green would work well with the cooler colors as well as the black and white.  I did, indeed, resort to some of my
sameo-sameo colors but also put some new ones together for a different color scheme.

1 comment:

Paula Campbell said...

Great abstract bird nest! Good work.

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10