Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Garden Paintings, Revisited (sold)

I posted these 8x8's about a week ago.  They were painted in the garden during a museum garden tour on a Sunday afternoon.  I love painting with people around--it's always interesting and a wonderful chance for showing what an painter does.  On the other hand, it's harder to concentrate and paint deliberatly.  Although the paintings sold that day, I brought them home with me to  work on a bit more and to varnish them.  I didn't do too much, just heightened the contrast and put in a little more detail.  In the pool painting there were 4 koi.  I murdered one (with paint!) because an odd number always looks more interesting than an even number.  In  addition  I  darkened part of the koi so they would look under water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The flower painting is so much prettier than the photo.
Beth

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10